Mt. Kailash

Mt. Kailash

Wednesday 18 July 2012

Cappadocia

"Rest" day in Goreme. Decided to walk through some of the valleys around Goreme rather than renting a bike (!) to do it. First mistake: it is still way too hot to be wandering around this landscape, beautiful though it is. Second mistake: losing the path and getting lost. I followed what appeared to be the track, but it petered out into nothing and rather than doing the sensible thing, I ploughed on eventually doing a big loop and ending up on the path I was on; but this time I followed it the other (correct) way. Lost an hour and way too much fluid in the process. On balance, I would rather be riding my bike! This tourist thing is too much like hard work.

Soundtrack: Stuart A Staples - That leaving feeling




2 comments:

  1. Wow! I missed Cappadocia!
    If you come to the Black Sea coast and you are near Trabzon, don't miss the Sumela monastery (in Trabzon follow Otogar, then Sumela, then Sumela monastery or Meryemana). The road is just beautiful and the 14th century monastery perched on the side of a cliff is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope to make it there today from Kemaliye. The Stone Road is a must!!

    ReplyDelete