Mt. Kailash

Mt. Kailash

Sunday 15 July 2012

Istanbul

Last day in Istanbul today. I have booked myself and the bike on the ferry to Bursa for tomorrow morning. It was pretty cheap by Istanbul standards and will save me the time and hassle of fighting my way through the city traffic. Still not entirely sure where to go from Bursa. I fancy Troy (if only to get Brad Pitt's autograph), but that would mean heading west, which would be going against the grain. So, I may head for Cappadocia, as that is at least in the rıght direction. I will probably decide once on the ferry.

Istanbul has been good, though something of a drain on the budget. Even the cheap places aren't really cheap and it wıll be good to get back on the bike after a 2 day, 3 night break from the ride. Something of a milestone as tomorrow I will officially be in Asia. I did actually cross the bridge to Asia today as part of my guise as a tourist for the day. Quite impressive as bridges go, but it didn't "feel" any different on the other side. Officially Asia, but not the bit I am familiar with.

Soundtrack: Ozric Tentacles - Bizarre Bazaar

1 comment:

  1. Some of your 'i's are missing the dots. LOL. Turkish keyboard ;-)

    ReplyDelete